Saturday, September 14, 2013

Hello!

So, it's been a few months. Quite a bit has happened. I haven't know what to say, or even if there is much to say, but I need to at least update from my last post. It's bugged me that I haven't done a follow-up until now. I guess I just haven't wanted to think about it.

I woke up July 22nd, and I was happy. Or at least, happier. Instead of walking to a hospital I put on a few loads of laundry. I read a few books. I went to an FHE thing with my dad.

It's been hard, having my mom home. Some days, she accepts the fact that I've been happy at my job, and seems ok with the fact that I love to nap. Other days she tries to push me to do better things and I just want to scream. It's not that I don't want to do better things. It's that I'm scared. I'm scared of being hurt. I'm scared of disappointment. I don't handle rejection well. In fact, it destroys me. I'm still getting over my breakup. It was over 3 years ago. It still hurts.

But, yesterday I received a phone call that has given me a goal. Something to look forward to. Something to plan on. Something awesome.

My brother called. My brother from Houston. Paul. Paul is an accountant. He's working on his CPA. He's passed 1/4 of it. He's hoping to pass all of it by next year - July or August. And he wants to celebrate by spending a week in London. At first he asked our sister, Elizabeth, to go with him. She loves London. But, she went this year with my mom and dad. And so, apparently she's all 'Londoned Out' (is that even a thing? is that even possible?!? I doubt it). So, he invited me. And he made me a deal - if I pay for my plane ticket and all souveneers, tube passes, etc., he'll pay for my food and hotel.

So, now I have a goal: save up a couple thousand dollars by July/August, while paying back my parents. This means I probably will need a new job, since my current job is not paying me enough right now to save that much.

This may be the motivation I need to actually "do something with my life." *rolls eyes*

No comments:

Post a Comment