Thursday, March 21, 2013

I need some advice

So, I have a problem. Yesterday I poked my head around twitter looking for a therapist. I don't want to try a BYU councilor again, besides I'm graduating! Anyway, someone recommended one and he looks pretty cool.

The problem? He doesn't bill insurance. So, I have a few options:

1- Talk to my insurance company and do the billing myself, getting reimbursed/whatever

2- Talk to my bishop and see if my church would help me pay for it

3- Just go somewhere cheaper

I mentioned option two to my mom last night and she really didn't like it. She said that my bishop would just have me go to my family first. She didn't understand why he didn't bill insurance, and couldn't understand why I didn't go to a cheaper (much cheaper, kind of charity cheap) therapist.

Anyway, she sighed and said that she and my dad would pay for it. While looking worried. I already owe them tons of money. And retirement is coming up in just a few years. They can't afford this.

Anyway, advice?

3 comments:

  1. If you TRULY don't want them to pay for it, then you have to find a different option... either different therapist or bill yourself. There's no "advice" to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LDS Family Services can offer low cost counseling. Often you can "work off" part of the expense, too. Talk to your Bishop and get a referral, or go to the Taylor Bldg and see what they say. My sister got counseling through them for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ask your bishop what the options are, and then if they can't help you find something you can afford, or can't help you pay for what you want, ask the therapist if he accepts payments (so you can pay it off slower). Or just call insurance and see if they will let you bill them. You have several options.

    ReplyDelete